Source: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/BN7h0aMHBIFLGeFdUnk-1wAuthor: 老王乒乓
Serve generally consists of two parts: throwing the ball and hitting the ball with the racket. Starting from these two foundations, no matter what kind of serve you are good at, there are 9 common key points:
1. The ball should be stable, including the height of the ball and the line of the ball rising and falling after the ball is tossed.
2. The height of the touch point should be appropriate, the touch point should be lower when the long ball is sent urgently, and the touch point should be higher when the short ball is sent close to the net.
3. The landing point of the first jump of the ball on the table should be appropriate. The first jump should be near the end line of the table when serving a long ball, and it should be in the middle of the table when serving a short ball.
4. The tiger’s mouth should not be too dead when holding the racket to ensure the flexibility of the wrist and fingers.
5. The lead movement, especially the wrist lead movement, should be sufficient.
6. The forward and downward force of the arms and wrists should be skillful, so that the ball will neither fall off the net nor bounce high or go out of bounds.
7. The position of the racket to rub the ball and the direction of force should be accurate, and try to use similar movements to issue balls with different rotations.
8. The forearm and wrist are the main force, but attention should be paid to the coordination of the waist to improve the quality of the serve. Taking the right-handed racket as an example, when serving a forehand, the center of gravity of the body usually shifts from the right foot to the left, and when serving a backhand, the opposite is true.
9. After each contact with the ball, the arm should swing and return quickly.The traditional preparation posture (right hand for example) when serving is as follows: forehand serving, left foot slightly forward, body slightly inclined to the right, left palm holding the ball in front of the body to the right; backhand serving, right foot slightly forward, body slightly forward Lean slightly to the left, and place the ball in the palm of your left hand to the left in front of you.
However, with the development of table tennis technology, more and more players have adopted the way of sideways serving, which is easy to issue a slanted high-angle ball, and then cooperate with a straight ball to contain it. On the contrary, there are fewer and fewer people who use the backhand serve, and people’s adaptability to the backhand serving will decrease. Therefore, some athletes do the opposite, standing in the middle of the table and using the backhand serve, without having to make a large range of movement. Backhand attack, better protection of the whole Taiwan.